Sunday 10 May 2015

How Do Firebolt Tower, Gargoyle Tower and Pyromancer Work?

Experiments focusing on 'Burning' Effect and DPS.


In this set of experiments, I will be experimenting how do Firebolt Tower, Gargoyle Tower and Pyromancer works exactly.



This picture illustrates that every experiment, I started the time at 2:43

This will be used as a benchmark to calculate DPS.



In this experiment, I am using One Maxed(level 9) Firebolt Tower.
I died in 41 seconds (2:43 - 2:02 = 41 seconds)



In this experiment, I am using Two Maxed(level 9) Firebolt Tower.
I died in 25 seconds (2:43 - 2:18 = 25 seconds)

Since Two Firebolt Tower doesn't increase DPS by 2 times ie. 20.5 seconds. 

This suggests that:
 1)Firebolt Tower has a base damage and a 'Burning' Effect component 
2)'Burning' Effect components do not stack!

There is a 4.5 second worth of DPS missing when Two Firebolt Towers are placed together!
(Still very painful though!)



In this example, I am using Two Maxed(level 9) Firebolt Tower + One Maxed(level 7) Pyromancer
I died in 24 seconds(2:43 - 2:19 = 24 seconds) 

1 second faster than with just 2 Firebolt Towers.

I only used 1 Pyromancer because I know Pyromancers has a base damage component and a 'Burning' Effect component that do not stack.

This roughly tells me that Pyromancer deals very little base damage and Firebolt Tower deals very high base damage



In this experiment, I am using Two Maxed(level 9) Firebolt Tower + One(level 6) Gargoyle Tower
I died in 23 seconds(2:43 - 2:20 = 23 seconds)

2 second faster than with just 2 Firebolt Towers. 
1 second faster than with a Pyromancer and 2 Firebolt Towers.

This tells me that Gargoyle Tower also deals very little base damage, but deals higher base damage than Pyromancers.

I only used 1 Gargoyle Tower because I know that having 2 Gargoyle Towers doesn't stack.
Source:How do Frost Tower, Gargoyle Tower and Snake Tower work?



In this final experiment, I am using Two Maxed(level 9) Firebolt Tower + One Maxed(level 7) Pyromancer + One(level 6) Gargoyle Tower.
I died in 23 seconds(2:43 - 2:20 = 23 seconds)

Pretty much the same as with just Two Maxed(level 9) Firebolt Tower + a (level 6) Gargoyle Tower.

Which probably tells me that Gargoyle Tower and Pyromancer kinda sucks in general... Against Kings especially!



Conclusions

Firebolt Tower have the highest base damage.

Gargoyle Tower have the second highest base damage.

Pyromancer have the lowest base damage.

Firebolt Tower's base damage stacks, but the 'Burning' Effect does not.

It is okay to stack Firebolt Towers as they have high base damage.

'Burning' Effect does not seems to stack at all among them!

Firebolt Tower, Gargoyle Tower and Pyromancer all lost some DPS from their relative 'Burning' Effect!
(Not sure which one's Burning effect takes place though)


Comments

I still keep one Pyromancers among my arsenals because they have AOE Panic effect and they do well against Cannons/Mortars. I like a balanced Defensive Wave. :)


I no longer use Gargoyle Tower as there are just better choices

  • Firebolt Tower for long range DPS that's stronger than Gargoyle Tower.



  • Snake Tower for short range DPS that's WAY stronger than Gargoyle Tower.


Final statement

Even though for some part, I should have used 1 of each(1 Firebolt Tower, 1 Gargoyle Tower ,1 Pyromancer), it really wouldn't make that much of a difference as Gargoyle Tower and Pyromancer would still be around 3-5 times weaker than Firebolt Tower!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive